Lee-Smith is adding to it's Service Advisors team. Locally, family owned business that values it employees by offering a strong work/life balance for all.
We are seeking candidates to serve in the front line to our customer's on their service needs. This position involves, face to face, email and telephone communications with customers and service techs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the receipt and flow of all incoming work, communication with customers and constant communication with all other internal departments.
- Greets customers in a timely, friendly manner, and obtain all specific vehicle / customer information required for proper repairs, contacting customer, and invoicing.
- Prepares a repair order showing time, cost and labor estimates for service.
- Writes a brief description of the customer's concern on the repair order to help the technician locate the problem.
- Obtains customer signature on the repair order and provide customer a copy of the repair order.
- Must be able to understand, communicate, and evaluate all vendors warranty guidelines, approval process, and policies during the write up and repair process.
- Establishes customers’ method of payment, Purchase Order requirements, and estimate requirements if needed at time of write up.
- Investigates process of vehicle repairs and contact customer with status changes / promise time if required.
- Ensures vehicles are parked in assigned areas, trucks are locked, and keys are tagged and properly stored.
- Explains complete work and charges to the customer.
- Handles customer complaints.
- Schedules service appointments. Obtains customer and vehicle data prior to arrival when possible.
- Reviews repair orders to ensure that work is completed and additional work and authorization is noted. Closes repair order as appropriate.
- Keeps up to date on all warranty policies and product changes to maintain effectiveness in this role.
- Has the ability to utilize ISIS at the time of write up.
- Maintains a professional appearance.
- Keeps work area clean.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and 3 years’ experience in Medium/Heavy Duty truck industry.
Required Certificates, Licenses and/or Registrations:
- Valid Driver’s License – Commercial License preferred
- Work environment includes working outside in all weather conditions, working in a service shop, working in a parts warehouse, and an office environment
- Shop environment: exposure to potentially hazardous chemicals, noise, dust, grease, smoke, fumes, and gases. Frequently around moving mechanical parts including medium and heavy duty diesel and gas engines.
- Medium strength is frequently required and heavy strength is occasionally required which includes:
- Constant standing
- Walking, climbing ladders, and balancing
- Lifting and carrying up to 50lbs; Pushing and pulling up to 100lbs
- Lifting self onto raised surfaces, including into vehicles
- Stooping, kneeling, crawling, and crouching
- Reaching and grasping; Working with arms above shoulder level