Are you ready to join an organization where you can be a relentless force for a world of longer, healthier lives?
Envision all Americans enjoying ideal cardiovascular health free of heart disease and stroke. At the American Heart Association and American Stroke Association, we get to work toward that goal every single day. Is it easy? No. Is it worthwhile? You bet!
This is satisfying work that makes a real difference in people's lives. You can achieve professional growth with personal fulfillment. You will connect with people and make a lifesaving impact. You will partner with individuals, schools, lawmakers, healthcare providers and others to ensure everyone has access to healthier lifestyle choices and proper healthcare.Responsibilities
The American Heart Association (AHA) has an excellent opportunity for a Health Equity Initiative Lead for Community Consulting
with our National Center. The location of the selected candidate is flexible and remote
.This is a full-time, benefits eligible, grant-funded opportunity, current funding is through 12/22/2026.
The Health Equity Initiative Consulting Lead will work collaboratively with the Community Health team and Health Equity initiative lead to identify initiative needs for local action and support local team members in achieving initiative deliverables. The Consulting lead will communicate with other initiative agencies, lead multi-organization workgroups, and contribute to funder communications.Essential Job Duties:
Want to help get your resume to the top? Take a look at the experience we require:
- Lead multi-organization workgroups, identify needs for local action, and communicate expectations with national and local teams.
- Support local teams in achieving initiative objectives via coaching and connecting with needed resources. Ensure the integration of initiative priorities with community impact opportunities.
- Support the initiative evaluation by working collaboratively with evaluation team, identifying needed reporting, and ensuring achievement of reporting needs.
- Identify local resource needs and connect with existing resources or ensure development of resources.
- Facilitate the development and management of community advisory teams including models for recruiting members, managing meetings, and applying recommendations.
- Five (5) years of strong communication and leadership skills and demonstrated experience in team management, coalition building
- Five (5) years of demonstrable consulting experience, especially to staff over which there is no reporting relationship
- Five (5) years of demonstrated ability to productively participate in a multi-disciplinary team environment working towards common goals.
- Three (3) years of experience selling strategies, projects and ideas to internal audiences and help colleagues develop and achieve outcomes goals
- Five (5) years of demonstrated ability to promote systemic public health impact and work collaboratively with community organizations.
- Three (3) years of experience participating in an integrated strategic planning process involving multi-facetted business units and other functionally-aligned consultants.
- Three (3) years of expereince with the ability to strategically guide and put into practice nationally developed programs in a collaborative business environment
The American Heart Association’s 2024 Goal: Every person deserves the opportunity for a full, healthy life. As champions for health equity, by 2024, the American Heart Association will advance cardiovascular health for all, including identifying and removing barriers to health care access and quality.At American Heart Association | American Stroke Association, diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity applies to both our workforce and the communities we serve as it relates to heart health and stroke prevention.
This position not a match with your skills?
Click here to see other opportunities.
Be sure to follow us on Twitter #TheAHALife
EOE/Protected Veterans/Persons with DisabilitiesLocation US-TX-Dallas
Posted Date 1 day ago (5/12/2022 2:10 PM)
Requisition ID 2022-8427
Job Category Health Strategies
Additional Locations Diversity Distribution US - Top 47
Position Type Full Time