Coordinates the procurement of materials, components and supplies essential to the company's daily operations and production.Job Description
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
Qualifications And Education Requirements
- Serves all departments in CMC with a servant's heart and willing attitude.
- Maintains and nurtures strong supplier relationships through ongoing communication and supplier visits.
- Reviews requisitions for accuracy and obtains necessary approvals, if needed, for purchased items.
- Contacts vendors to procure product and/or service information (price, lead time, freight).
- Monitors the status of late purchases daily to ensure timely delivery of parts.
- Assists in coordinating the return of defective or unused materials.
- Helps maintain accurate purchasing data (Supplier Price List, Part Maintenance, etc.) in current ERP (Epicor).
- Analyze data to determine changing needs of replenishment and update Current ERP (Epicor).
- Performs vendor research and selection to enhance profitability, reducing product costs without sacrificing quality
- Excellent communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Knowledge of account coding processes and general accounting requirements.
- Must learn quickly and work with others to achieve desired results.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software and ERP experience (Epicor preferred).
- 2 - 3 years experience in procurement or related positions.
- Light lifting, standing and walking throughout the office and plant.
- Requires ability to use a keyboard, monitor and calculator.
- Requires the ability to communicate verbally, both in person and on the telephone.
- Average office and manufacturing shop noise levels.
- Safety shoes and eye protection.