This Internship Will Provide
Our Internship program is a PAID program that will last from June 6, 2022 to August 5, 2022.
- Knowledge of the company’s culture, vision and mission statements
- A broader perspective on how First Horizon services the community and region as a whole.
- The opportunity to participate in and/or lead the completion of assigned, short-term projects requested by managers
- The opportunity to acquire specific skills that are needed to achieve professional goals aspirations.
- Hands-on work experience in the field
Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Average 30 - 40 hours per week
Value For The Intern
The internship will provide a high-level overview of the banking industry. In particular, the internship with the Commercial Banking group will focus on concierge banking for companies with revenues more than $10,000,000. The intern will learn all phases of Commercial banking from prospecting, presenting, underwriting to closing of commercial opportunities. The intern will have the opportunity to work with Commercial Analysts, Commercial Portfolio Managers, Commercial Relationship Managers, and Treasury Management Sales Officers.Duties And Responsibilities
- Assist with pre-call planning, attend sales calls, and assist with post call wrap up meetings with Relationship Managers
- Utilize research tools to compile and review industry and company analysis
- Perform data analysis utilizing programs such as Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, etc.).
- Examine and analyze personal and commercial financial statements and tax returns.
- Spread commercial financial statements in Moody's Spreading software
NOTE: A 2.75 GPA or higher is required. This internship will be primarily be working at First Horizon's main office in Chattanooga, TN. All work areas are sufficiently spaced and can accommodate an intern while maintaining safety COVID 19 protocols.
- Critical thinker possessing superior analytical abilities with the ability to reach logical conclusions based on the available information
- Microsoft Office: Strong excel and presentation building skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects, while maintaining high attention to detail
- Self-starter attitude
- Flexibility and proven ability to diagnose and resolve issues
- Intellectually curious, ability to think outside the box, assertive
- Hard working, smart, creative, analytical, driven, exceptionally organized
- Strong communication skills and results driven
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)