Lee-Smith is seeking an experienced Wreck Builder. We are a family owned company that has been in business for 80+ years. Our employees are part of the family and offered a great work/life balance with a competitive salary to enjoy life! FREE primary medical care for employees and dependents! Paid Weekly on an hourly rate plus OT as needed.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Review damage estimate and determine if any items have not been included in the estimate for repair.
- Advise Assistant Body Shop Manager or Shop Forman if additional work is needed on repair order or if work outlined is not needed.
- Inspect damaged systems for proper operation.
- Determine repair plan, procedures, and methods of overall repairs in accordance with the vehicle manufacturer’s specifications and industry procedures.
- Remove and replace damaged and undamaged items so they can be repaired and replaced as needed.
- Performs work as outlined on repair order with speed and thoroughness.
Candidates should have knowledge of of industry standards and abilities -
o Knowledge of cab repairs, which includes panel replacement, support repair, and replacement
o Hood, fender, bracket, support, guards, bumpers, etc. repair and replacement techniques
o Ability to align all gaps on panels, hoods, fenders, doors, etc.
o General mechanical repairs to include suspension, steering, electrical, brakes, heating, and air conditioning, engine cooling systems, drive train, etc.
o Frame repair and straightening.
o Ability to replace riveted panels and other items.
o Huck bolt repairs and replacement with the assistance of a huck bolt gun.
o General welding to include steel and aluminum.
o Cutting techniques necessary to facilitate repairs using a plasma cutter, torch, and other types of cutting devices.
o Knowledge and ability to properly repair composite materials which include fiberglass repair and other materials in accordance with repair standards.
o Ability to restore seam sealers, mastic, sound deadeners, and foam fillers.
o Diagnose and repair water leaks, dust leaks, wind noise, squeaks, rattles, and vibrations.
Please submit resume and salary requirements. Lee-Smith is a Tennessee Drug Free Workplace Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $25.00 - $30.00 per hour